Sunday, March 28, 2010

Chapter 51

I chose Chapter 51 because it focuses on plagiarism. Plagiarism basically means to use sources in a paper without properly citing them, almost like cheating or stealing. The best way to avoid plagiarism to keep a good record keeper. Meaning, keep track of all the sources that you use. A good tip the text addresses to help achieve a good track of sources is by printin them or photocopying them. A way to avoid plagiarism, is to remember to use quotes when using direct sentences/words from your source. Also, its important to note not just the words you directly quoted in your paper, but to also include all sources used in a paper for your bibliography.

I chose this chapter because I needed clarification on what exactly plagiarism is. I didnt realize that if you summarized a paragraph from a source that it needed to be included in your works cited. I thought the only way you need to list a source is if you copied word for word from a source. Also, I really liked the idea of keeping a record keeping of all sources used. I wouldnt exactly print or photocopy them but I will keep an ongoing log of the sources I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment