Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ch. 48 Summary

This chapter gives us tips how to evaluate a reading, including fallacies, assumptions, and more. The text teaches us how to pick out the un reasonable arguments like fallacies. In order to do, we must pick out the facts or generalizing by inductive reasoning. We also learned how to recognize stereotypes, a biased opinion on a large group or population. Lots of times the writers make assumptions without sufficient evidence. A lot of times, we assume things without enough evidence.

I will use this info for my future writing as I often can see myself making assumptions or stereotypes. I often may have a pre dispotion of a topic and may make a claim without sufficient evidence. I will be more careful in the future and will also make sure to have facts to back up my claims. Also, it makes me more aware as a reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment