Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ch. 47

Chapter 47

This chapter discusses how to construct an argument. A persuasive argument must be backed up with credible information. Therefore, extensive research must be done prior to writing your argument. To write a credible argument, it must involve statistics, examples and note the sources. The argument, like any other writing, must include the main properties, an introduction, thesis and conclusion. It’s important that the thesis state your main point and side of an argument. Also, it’s important to provide information for both sides of the argument, including the opposing side.
I will use this information in the future when writing a persuasive paper or an argumentative essay. I think in the past I focus solely on my opinion and not address the opposing side. I also will use this information as I will research more on my topic to make it more credible. I will also remember to include my main argument in the thesis of my future paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment