Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rules for Writers Ch 2-3 Summary

Rules for Writers Chapters 2-3 Summary
Chapters 2 and 3 of Rules of Writers explain the beginning steps of the writing process. These beginning steps include generating a rough draft and then produce the revisions. In order to create a rough draft, the writer must keep in mind that it’s just a simple rough draft, it does not need to be near perfection. First, begin the writing process by writing the introduction which includes the thesis. Then, formulate the body of the writing with paragraphs that follow a topic sentence pattern. The conclusion should wrap up the ideas and possibly leave the reader with a sense of “aw”. Once the rough draft is formulated, revisions are necessary. The point of revisions is to clarify points, correct grammar and punctuations.
I plan to use the information from Chapters 2 and 3 from Rules of Writers in my future writings to help guide me in the writing process. I learned that formulating a rough draft doesn’t mean making a final draft, its just the first step. The information in these chapters in regards to how to start with an introduction and how to include your thesis was extremely helpful. I will remember this information in the future when writing. I’m also someone who revises within the rough draft, rather than letting that be the next step. In my future writings, I don’t intend on repeating bad habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment